Multichannel 2013: Retail, Marketing and Service

Fri 26 April 2013 10:00, Vitto Christaldi

Customer behaviour is multichannel nowadays; we shop, browse for information, raise questions or exchange experiences with other customers using media that can be reached at our convenience. Your customers can easily come and reach your business if you use the right multichannel strategy. Consistent brand experience, steady service level, and persistent information will help your company to create a valuable customer experience!

Multichannel 2013: Retail, Marketing and Service

Multichannel 2013 was a retail, marketing and service event, hosted by a B2B Dutch media organization, BBP Media. It was held in cooperation with Thuiswinkel.org at Jaarbeurs Utrecht on 23 and 24 April 2013. My fellow SearchCowboys blogger, Seema Sanghavi and I attended the event on the second day and we found it very interesting.

A lot of interesting lectures were given by online marketing experts during this two day event; ranging from direct marketing, cross channel marketing, social media, e-commerce, to mobile marketing, and much more – which were held in 12 rooms. It is impossible to attend all those interesting lectures due to the overlapping schedule.

Photo%20%282%29

The first session that I attended was the lecture about “How Mobile is Your Customers”. It was presented by the director of Thuiswinkel.org, Wijnand Jongen. I found the session quite interesting, it covered the whole scope of online and mobile shopping growth in the Netherlands in the last couple of years. Some of the interesting figures about the Netherlands that Wijnand Jongen presented during the lecture:

  1. The market growth for online products increased 12% and 6% increase for online service in the last 12 months.
  2. Mobile shoppers grew 73% in 2012.
  3. 51% of mobile shoppers accessed the shopping site using tablets, while the other 49% used smartphone.
  4. 54% of the mobile shoppers are male, 46% are female; with the average age of 34 years old.
  5. The turnover for mobile shopping in 2013 is expected to be above €10 million.
Photo%20%281%292

Besides the presentation about mobile commerce, I also attended other interesting lectures about social content by Peter Hoekstra. In his presentation, he talked about when do people talk about your brand, the cycle of brand on social media, and how to strategize your content to reach more customers.

Photo1

Read also: Multichannel 2013 Utrecht by Seema Sanghavi

Outside the theater, there were many exhibitions by big and small, international and local, online and offline companies, such as Google, Senheiser, DHL, Xerox, and many more.

Overall, it was an interesting and educative event; very recommended for starters and micro companies who would like to expand their business. See you next year in Multichannel 2014!


  • Comments (0)
  •  
  • Events
  • Tell-a-cowboy

Comment

  • HTML is not allowed. URLs are automatically clickable.
    * Email address is not shown



  • SEOktoberfest the movie
  • 50 SEO's 1 question
  • Android Wikitude Application
  • Vanessa Fox at SMX London

Last Comments


Events

Last event

Bloggers

  • J-P De Clerck
    J-P De Clerck

    Profession: Customer-centric digi...

    Company: Conversionation

  • Sam Murray
    Sam Murray

    Profession: Senior Search Consultant

    Company: Verve Search

  • Susie Hood
    Susie Hood

    Profession: Head of Copywriting

    Company: Click Consult / SEO C...

  • Tom Bogaert
    Tom Bogaert

    Profession: Managing Partner

    Company: QueroMedia


Latest Videos

Border_top
Border_bottom

Columns

  • Lizette van der Laan
    Social Media Image

    Is it the real you, the witty you, the person who reads the most interesting articles, makes t...




Newsletter

Subscribe to SC Newsletter:


RSS Feed

Are you a bloggerFacebook


Search



© 2014 Searchcowboys.com - All Rights Reserved - All views and opinions expressed are those of the authors of Searchcowboys.

All trademarks, slogans, text or logo representation used or referred to in this website are the property of their respective owners. Sitemap