Top 10 Quotes – A4UExpo Hall of Fame
The A4U Expo was in my opinion a big success, well organised, great speakers and some really good sessions. There have been tweets demanding the top 10 quote list be published so sit back and enjoy some real classics.
Please add any other quotes that you think to deserve to be in here that I might have missed or tell us which one was your favourite!
Comments will decide the winner!
*Drum roll please... So without further delay, in no particular order here are the top 10 quotes from the A4U Expo.
1. “Plenty of Google staff in here so don’t blame me when they r@pe your arse for it”
- Dave Naylor in reference to showing the Flickr follow link method (don't get excited they have disabled this feature now apparently).
2. Audience Member: “How do you get around having a FR domain when you have to set up a business in France before they legally let you obtain the domain?”
Dave Naylor: “What you need to do...”
Cue people beginning to take out their notepads and pen to jot down Dave Naylor’s secret...
Dave Naylor: “is find a man named François and get him to buy one for you. (In full French accent) oui monsier, you want to buy ze domain”
3. “Just don’t be a cock”
- Lisa Myers in reference to bad practise for link building
4. “Hash tags are only used for dead celebrities”
- Dom Hodge discussing trending topics in Twitter
5. “Dave Naylor helped me expose myself”
- Our very own Search Cowboys chief editor Bas Van Den Beld in reference to... I don’t know what!
6. “One man’s spam is another man’s ham”
- Dave Naylor discussing linking tactics
7. “There is life in the old dog yet”
- Ciaran Norris in reference to his nan (don’t ask me how this was brought up!)
8. “I travelled 165 miles to give a lady I don’t know a bagel”
- Dom Hodge reminisces about his Twitter exploits
9. “The boy that ate his own head”
- Lyndon Antcliff in reference to how headlines can grab people’s attention
10. “Is he dead? Someone get that squirrel some water”
- John Myers after the Conversion Rate Expert squirrel sat motionless for a whole hour
Tagcloudvideo baidu search interview research spain search engine street view matt cutts blog funny app facebook blogger browser internet news search engines sem social media viral mobile a4uexpo microsoft russia ads android twitter europe smx london search engine strategies china seo event google tools searchcowboys analytics google earth